Thursday, January 10, 2008

PRIORITIES!!!!

I was over at my friend's house today - she runs a daycare out of her home and my girls used to go there back when I could afford it. She has a bulletin board up in her daycare with information about child rearing and safety, etc. I was standing there browsing it when a bright-colored piece of paper jumped out at me. The title was "PRIORITIES". It said:

What's more important? - The toys on the floor or the people who play with them?
What's more important? - The food on the floor or the people who eat it?
What's more important? - The clothes on the floor or the people who wear them?

It made me ponder on my attitude towards my house and my kids and the perpetual mess. Sometimes I feel like all I do is clean and I get so tired of it. Sometimes I don't clean because I think, "Those darn kids are just going to mess it all up again, so why bother?" I'm not saying that one shouldn't bother with cleaning up the messes. It just made me realize that my children are a major blessing and my two girls are trying to grow up and figure things out and in the process they make huge messes, but I just have to love them and be patient with them and know that it won't always be like this.

There you go - my deep thought for the day. Yay. I guess I just really needed to read that piece of paper and remember what's most important - loving my kids no matter what!

3 comments:

Kachelle said...

I totally agree with that! i have the same frustrations and i only have one kid to clean up after! (Well if you don't count my husband!lol) i say don't clean the house! it just makes it look lived in!

Kachelle said...

and it's nice to know someone else has the insurance problem too! well it's not nice to hear it, it stinks to hear it but at least we're not alone!

Koi said...

Okay, is your hubby in to music? I was just being nosy and saw that he was watching drumming videos with the kiddos. We have got to get together! My hubby is always looking for someone to jam with. I'm gonna go try to find your number so I can call you.