Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Mom Vs. Dad

Okay, I don't know what it is. I'm sure most moms can relate. What is the difference between mom and dad? Why do the kids behave so much better for daddy? Allow me to present my case:

The following are pictures representing the
girls' behavior around MOM when I'm trying to shower or clean the house


EXHIBIT A: Sylvie gets into things and shares them with Chloe.
Nice gesture, but is it okay for the baby to eat? Usually not.



EXHIBIT B: Sylvie brushes Chloe's hair/eyes.


EXHIBIT C: I try to put them down for a nap and Sylvie
climbs into Chloe's bed. I don't have pictures of Sylvie trying
to suffocate Chloe or nearly jumping on her head or stomach. But
I have to make sure I check up on these two regularly or somebody is going to die.
Seriously!


EXHIBIT D: Sylvie gets on my mucho expensivo keyboard that I used to
write music on back in my "I'm going to be a rockstar" days. I know I'm
not really doing anything with it NOW, but it cost a lot of money and I might
still try to be a rockstar someday. Anyway, she LOVES to crawl up on this thing,
throw off the cover, turn it on, plug in some earphones. Yeah. She knows what she's
doing just a little too well. It scares me.


EXHIBIT E: She gets into John John's room, which is a big NO-NO
and gets his goggles on and comes to me to rescue her because they
"Won't come off, mommy. Need help".

Then there's daddy. I leave the girls with him so I can go
out and get some errands run. And what do they do the entire
time?

Kick back. Sit on his lap.

Watch Mike Portnoy drumming videos all night long.

I can't get them to sit still for 2 minutes and watch a CARTOON with me, but they'll sit and watch instructional drum videos with dad. THANKS A LOT, KIDS!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL....gotta love it! It's called FEAR...LOL....Daddy's don't have patience and kids know it...my kids will do WHATEVER Sherm asks because they know he'll turn into the "Shermanator" if they don't...LOL!

Worthen World said...

I am sooo glad to get to know you. You are seriously one of the coolest people I know!!! I breezed over your blog (to be devoured later) and you have the best sense of humor. My theory is that they know all moms tricks and dads are still a little bit misterious to them. Thanks for coming over to our home for News Years!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Michele Tyler said...

Girlfriend! These kids are programmed far more advanced these days. I love the new updated processors they have. Helps them to figure out the best way to maneuver between both parents. The fast motherboards sure can help them break mom down quicker. LOL I love you and am so glad you came over for New Years. We had a blast! Your family is adorable and we look forward to spending more time with all of you!