Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Beep Beep B-Deep Beep To You Too!

Beep Beep B-Deep Deep Beep. Got that?

That's about as intelligent as the conversation got this afternoon, but I guess that's all you can expect when conversing with the birds.

Uncle Will (my super swanky bachelor brother) totally spoiled my kids for Christmas and bought them this super fun bouncy castle. My reaction - Yay! The kids can go out back and jump and I can get 5 minutes of peace in the house! The problem is they will ONLY go in it if I'm in there too, which poses a major problem - my body alone exceeds the weight requirement, so nobody else can get in. So we have to break some rules and in the process I'm wondering how long this poor bouncy castle is gonna' last.

So we're playing around and having a grand old time, but after a while I started zoning out. I was bored, okay? I admit it! So, as I'm daydreaming (Yes, about Jason Behr again. WHAT?!?! If I said I was daydreaming about my husband would you even believe me?.....Yeah, see? That's what I thought) I hear a piercing "Beep B-Deep B-Deep B-Deep!" Like a reflex I answered back. So then it's all "Beep Beep B-Deep Beep Beep!" and again I responded. We carried on like this for a good 15 minutes. I'm not kidding.

Here's a small excerpt from our conversation:

I was all, "Beep Beep Beep B-Deep".
And he was all "B-Deep B-Deep B-Deep".
So I was all "Bidda Beep Bidda Beep Deep Beep Beep Deep".
And he was all "Bidda Bidda Bidda Beep Beep Beep".

I have no idea what we were talking about, but he seemed into it...or maybe it was a she. That would explain a lot...anyway....

Then the bird came into view. He/she perched on a branch near me and sounded increasingly aggressive. All I said was, "B-Deep B-Deep B-Deepity Beep" and that thing got TICKED! It warbled something angry and took off....and that was it....the relationship was over just as quickly as it had started. (Sigh) Birds are so difficult to deal with. They have MAJOR tempers.


People, I have officially lost my mind. But the kids had fun on that bouncy castle and Chloe saw me in a whole new light. She just sat there staring at me like I was some sort of freak show.

3 comments:

Koi said...

Your bird barbeling is very inpressive.

And yes, my hubby does play lead. It's actually my job to contact you, but I haven't had a chance. I guess I could do it right now instead of Blogging, but I must go shower the stink off me. So adieu 'til Thursday!

Adrienne said...

Uncle Will bought them that!!! I wish I had an Uncle Will . . .

Kristin Coppee said...

Yes, every family should have an Uncle Will.