Friday, October 31, 2008

Tell Me What To Do

Okay, Halloween is here (more on that later) and I've run a "haunted stories" blog for this month. But now it's over. (I will keep it up indefinitely, though, if you haven't read it yet and ever get the guts to). And I enjoyed it so much and appreciated the feedback I got, that I've decided to do another side blog. But I'm having a dilemma.

I originally promised a month of crazy dating stories, which, believe me, I have plenty. I've got 7 1/2 years of solid dating - all of Arizona and radiating out into surrounding states - and I've got some real doozies for ya'.

HOWEVER, I'm kind of enjoying writing fiction too. I have this other story I considered writing as a movie script, but then I thought I'd get more enjoyment out of it telling it as a story, so I could put in the details and descriptions I wanted to. Stories are much easier reads than movie scripts.

It's called "The Light Above". It's based on facts. But I took it and ran with it and my imagination went wild with this one. Well -not too wild. Anyway, I have a good friend from Brazil and let me tell ya' - that girl has some BIZARRE stories. She has me captivated every time. But they're true. They're all true. See, there's this phenomenon happening in Brazil. It's a light from the sky. It hovers. It follows people. Some of her relatives have recounted stories of their personal frightening experiences with this light. Their theory - aliens. But I've got my own theory. And I made a story out of it - complete with some good romance, believe it or not.

SO - which appeals to you more? Do you want true horrid and hilarious dating stories or do you want this fictional sci-fi romance I'm concocting? Please give me your good opinion. And thanks for being a supporter of my writing addiction.

3 comments:

The Bargo Bunch said...

Ok, Kristen... I look forward to reading something from you every time I get on to check my blog. Let's see, that's hard! I love dating stories (I have some real doosies too!) Sci-Fi is fun also... Can you do both? ha :) It's not like you have a family and a life~ha ha I would love to read whatever you choose to write. Sorry if I wasn't much help :)

Completely Random said...

Dating stories!

Sami said...

I would love to sci-fi fiction, but have the dating stories on the side :0). I know that isn't much help, but to be honest, I couldn't really choose if I tried. Go with your gut.