Monday, October 13, 2008

A Necessary Interruption

Okay, I know - this is not one of the promised blogs on the list. I know you're all just on edge waiting for the "prison" story of mine, aren't you? Or perhaps it's the garden one with nudity you're holding your breath for.

Well, I'm sorry, but I'm being tortured on a daily basis here and I just needed to vent. (SIGH). Here we go.

Have you seen the new Twilight trailer? If you answered yes, then you might be feeling my pain. If you answered no, then you're going to have to watch it approximately 1, 523 times to catch up to me.

The movie is gonna' be good. It is. I'm excited. What I'm not excited about is the dialogue. Here - let me give you some examples.


1. In the forest, Bella is discovering the truth about Edward. Here's how it goes:

EDWARD: Say it out loud. Say it.

BELLA: Vampire.

NOOooooooo!!!! That's NOT what you're supposed to say, Bella!

You're supposed to say, "The movie's been pushed up to a sooner release date - it's now coming out tomorrow!"

GRRRR! I hate when they get it wrong.



2. Edward and Bella are in what looks like her room. Their faces are close:

EDWARD: I just wanna try one thing.

Then Bella and Edward proceed to kiss. NO! NO! NO! All wrong, Bella! You're not supposed to kiss him! You missed your line! Here's how it's supposed to go down:

EDWARD: I just wanna try one thing.

BELLA: Okay. Let me call Kristin real quick because I know she's the one you REALLY want to try it with.

Then Edward smiles his devilish smile, I enter the room - kissing begins. These are supposed to be seasoned actors! Don't you know how to follow direction?

And finally:


(I don't have a gazebo picture)

3. Edward and Bella in a gazebo.

EDWARD: You don't know how long I've waited for you.

Okay, actually there's nothing wrong with this dialogue, it's just that he's saying it to the wrong Kristen! It's Kristin with an I, not an E!!!! Dang Kristen Stewart locked me in my trailer for this one and ran out there on MY cue! MINE!!!!!

(SIGH) Look, Summit Entertainment or whoever is responsible - I cannot keep watching this dang trailer like 500 times a day. Seriously. I've got kids. I've got a full-time job. I'm trying to have a life here. Can you just get the dang movie out already? You know it's done and ready to go. You're just getting a high off torturing me, aren't you? Mm hm.

Okay. I'm done. Just had to get that off my chest. Yeah, yeah - I know. I'm a married mother of three. Edward's a vampire. He's cast his vampire spell on me. That's my big excuse, okay? Let me see you come up with better. I know there are other desperate housewives out there.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uhm...hate to burst your bubble, but it is a low budget crap film that won't be half as good as we expect. I will probably rent it when it comes out, but it doesn't look like it is worth $9. Okay...nobody better leave nasty comments on my blog over this...lol!

Kristin Coppee said...

OH MY GOSH! You are not my sister! You are not my sister! I am so mad at you! How can you say that? It's not low budget! It's not crap!

Okay. I'm calm. LOL. Scones, it's gonna' end up being awesome and then I'm gonna' make you eat dirt for saying that.

Vonney said...

Should I start reading those books now or wait until after the movie?!

Kristin Coppee said...

NOW! NOW! NOW! You HAVE to read the books first. You just have to. Trust me. Hurry up and get Twilight read. It took me 1.5 days. Seriously. If you don't own it and don't want to pay full price, you can buy it used on Amazon, but honestly, I think the price of a new paperback is like $9 at Wal-Mart.

Sharlet said...

Kristin you crack me up! I am looking forward to the movie too and unlike Sonia, I think it looks like it'll be good.

Rhiannon said...

Ha Ha, You are to funny. I'm so excited to go see the movie. I wasn't a big fan of the books I think it's because I couldn't picture Edward in my head but once I saw the trailer I could then picture him, Yeah I'm weird.

My family Begins said...

C'mon Kristin. The Books are always better than the movie. I'm still excited to see the movie regardless of the poor dialogue. I do have one complaint though. Why the he@@ didn't they cast a better looking Edward?

Kristin Coppee said...

HEY! Watch the trailer 500 times a day. He'll start to look good. Trust me! Dang Henry Cavill had to be 24 - too old to play the part. Whatever. They still should have cast him. (SIGH) I guess I'll just have to keep watching The Tudors through half-closed eyes to see him in action.

The sacrifices I have to make...

Shanna said...

I can't wait to see the movie either! I just started the book tonight and part of the movie was filmed in the town I live in! Bella's house, some highschool scenes, the prom dress shop and the coffee shop. It was neat to see all the trailers and security around our little town.

Jax said...

I feel your pain sista! I have tortured my family this past week because I have chained myself to my couch and have had my nose in them (the books) all this week. I am on the 3rd book and I started the series 3 days ago. I have become obsessed. teenage vampires are white hot! Also I agree with one of your other posts about it too. My husband is reeping the benefits of my reading these (if you know what i mean :)