Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Birthday - Let's Go Down The Checklist, Shall We?

Okay, so my birthday was like back in August, but I did the whole doll pictures portraying what I wanted thing and went on and on and said my husband would be reading the blog and would know what I wanted and it would all be magical and .....SIGH....so I feel like I need to at least go down the list so you can know if it all happened the way I wanted because I know you're just sitting around, holding your breath waiting for this big moment, right?

What's that? You forgot about the whole doll/birthday thing?

Oh. Okay. Well...I guess I've already started this post, so I should probably just go ahead and finish.

(Clearing throat). Okay, so looking back at the doll post, I wanted my husband to get the kids out of the house so I could sit around eating and playing with the kids' toys, which was mostly a joke because I'm trying to lose weight, so sitting around eating all day is not going to help that and though food and I have had a long-term, exclusive relationship, I've decided to try and break ties with it. It's hard to dump, let me tell ya'. It calls to me. It cries to me day and night, begging me to come back into its loving arms and I'm like, "I've moved on. You should too". Apparently so far I have not been too convincing because it's still very much in my life. Anyway....

So, my husband DID get the kids out of the house. I didn't say I wanted him to take them anywhere specific, so he took them out back and they swam and played for quite a while. It was nice. Then I went out with my husband and friends to Cheesecake Factory, my favorite place of all time, where I tried to have my one final fling with food, particularly avocado egg rolls. Unfortunately, I have no pictures of the party, but the Tylers, Truschkes, Crandalls, and Worthens were able to make it and I found out I kind of share a birthday with Jarred Truschke, so that was cool. He and I are both Leos. That explains our need to be famous musicians - something we bonded over during dinner.


Now, I know I had requested Gainey Ranch, but I LOVE Cheesecake Factory, so we'll just pretend like that's what I asked for. I'll take avocado egg rolls over a gondola ride any day. Actually, no - I take that back. That was the old response. The new response is "Anything but food".

Moving on...

My son and husband together bought me this ridiculously expensive rock star necklace. I've been eyeing it for over a year, but I thought the price was a bit much, so I never thought I'd actually own it.


And then, there's the clothing. Now I'm fat. I'm not gonna' try to hide it folks. Besides, if you know me, you already know this to be true, so why lie. I had two baby girls back to back, so it's to be expected. And I type for a living - long hours. And also I've been having an affair with food for years and the side effects = fatness.

So, the best I could do was to go to Buckle and buy two tops as cute as I could find under the circumstances. And I went ahead and bought two because they were $24 each and I thought that was a good deal. I have a picture of one. I couldn't find the other. It's buried in the bottom of the laundry bin and I was too lazy to fish it out. It's cute. Trust me. Here's the one I wore on my birthday dinner night, though.

And then I just could NOT resist these darling high heels. Now, I normally purchase Wal-Mart, Target and Payless shoes, but every few years I splurge on a nice pair. I definitely splurged on these. But don't you think it was worth it?

And I got a nice box of Choxie chocolates from my friend Koe. And my friend Amanda took me to dinner and a movie, which was so fun, except the movie was Mama Mia and it was more than we could take and also Colin Firth (the man we lust after sometimes) played a gay guy in it and we just were too upset for words, but that's okay - at least we got out together with no kids and it was loads of fun.

And then my super talented friend, Marylou made me these awesome blinged out flip flops, which I love to wear, but only when my toenails are cute. I didn't have cute toenails today so I had to take a picture of them alone. But trust me -they look amazing on! If you like - go to Greenweaves.com in my shout outs and send her an email telling her you want some.


Okay, so my camera stinks and does these shoes no justice. But there's the basic idea. They are blingin'.

And I actually got other stuff besides that, which is crazy because it's my birthday, not Christmas, but it felt like Christmas. I have never had so many gifts and attention lavished upon me. I feel very loved.

Thank you, all, for making it a fabulous beginning of my 33rd year.

8 comments:

Jax said...

Ok I think you may be right. We just might be the same person. 1.) I totally heart your taste in clothes and shoes. Are you kidding me? Those pumps are bitchin!! 2.)I also have a lust in my heart for Colin First 3.) I also turned 33 this year.

Ok now you are just freakin me out :) But in that sometimes awesome way.

Hope you had a happy birthday!

Kristin Coppee said...

Yep. We are truly long lost sisters. I'm glad you share my lust for Colin. It's a good starting point in our bond.

I had a very happy birthday. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Wow...love the gifts..and the babysitting pics are awesome...lol!

Koi said...

Hey I like the new look. I had fun on your birthday too and you and Jarred both being Leo's explains so much. I'm very intrigued by the upcoming blog posts so I guess I have no choice but to tune in everyday. Is that considered stalking?
K well have fun making out with Edward. I can't even count the number of times I watched that new trailer.
Call me!

Ashley said...

I am glad to hear that you had a fabulous birthday. I love that you spoiled yourself and that your family spoiled you too!

Widdison Warbler said...

Love the necklace! Want to see a picture of it on!

Vonney said...

OMG I LOVE the necklace. You better not invite me to your house, because I might be tempted to borrow it for a long, long time! LOL! Glad you had a fun birthday!

My family Begins said...

That's my kind of birthday! To make it complete though, you needed to come home to candles, an hour massage with some jazz music, lights dimmed, house spottless and...o.k., maybe I'm getting carried away.

Happy 33rd!