Monday, August 4, 2008

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Who's there?
MRSA. (Pronounced Mer-sa)
MRSA who?
MRSA who?!
What do you mean, MRSA who?
MRSA that's been killing off your husband for 1 1/2 years.
That's WHO!!

Oh. Oh yeah. I was trying to forget you existed.
Hey, listen lady!
Just 'cause you ain't heard from me in two weeks,
doesn't mean I don't exist.
I'm stickin' around 'til my job's complete.
Your job?
That's right.
That being....?
Killing off your HUSBAND!!!! HELLOOOOO!!!!

TRUE STORY

One week ago, Bertrand stopped off at a Circle K to get a drink. He was going to be working on a pool repair job out in the heat and he stopped in for some hydration. He pulled his truck into the parking space and as he climbed out, he glanced into the truck parked next to him and saw an old American-Indian lady sitting there, looking back at him. He smiled at her and then continued up the walk toward the front doors of the store.

Just then he heard an old lady's voice calling out to him.
"You're sick", she said.
Bertrand whirled around and stopped, "What did you say?"
She eyed him up and down and said, "I see a bug inside of you. You're very sick."
Bertrand just stared at her, eyes wide open, mouth agape.
Just then an American-Indian man exited the store and saw the two staring at each other.
"What's going on here?", he asked.
Bertrand turned around to the man and said, "This woman is telling me I'm sick".
The Indian man spoke in Apache to the old Indian lady. Then he turned to Bertrand. "Is this true? Is there something wrong with you?", he asked.
Bertrand nodded, "Yeah. Actually, I've been diagnosed with MRSA and I have been told it's killing me".

"Then you should listen to her", said the Indian man.
The old lady spoke in Apache to the Indian man and then turned around and walked back toward the truck.
The Indian man turned to Bertrand and said, "She has something for you."
The old Indian lady returned with a necklace. It was an Apache tear. She told Bertrand to wear it always. She said it would cleanse him.

He hasn't taken it off since.

9 comments:

Logan & Lindy said...

Oh man thats horrible! I guess its the medical in our family. We researched all about it. What a weird and interesting thing to have. Ok well hopefully that necklace will cleanse him!

Ok thank you so much for being such a life saver yesterday! I cant believe you did that for me!

Adrienne said...

What!?? Are you serious? How do they treat that?

Admin said...

Wow, that's crazy! I have lots of "cleaning" stuff, so if you want I could share. :) You already know about one of my books, but I know he's not going for that! I have a couple of other books you could read & some favorite cleanses. I'd love to know more about MRSA too... what is it?

Anonymous said...

YIKES....what a crazy story, but if it works...then GREAT! Keep us posted.

A. Kuhni said...

That is the craziest story. Was she some kind of healer? I can't believe she could tell he was sick just by looking at him. Very strange but cool story and hopefully that necklace works. I am so sorry that Bertrand is so sick. Let us know if we can do anything. Now I need to look up MRSA online and see what it is!

Completely Random said...

Many moons ago MRSA bug infect husband bum. Bum go boom. MRSA go on short journey for a time. MRSA return to husband bum. MRSA afraid of old indian woman. Husband bum nice but crazy indian lady scary.

Kristin Coppee said...

WILLS, You KILL ME! I love your version of the story much better than mine. Nice work! We should team up and write a column - seriously!

The Lowes said...

Hi Kristin,
I found your blog while blog stalking, I have wondered what you've been up to. I love your blog! We used to live in your ward way back when in the Mesa 3rd ward. Email me and I'll invite you to my blog (it's private) Leah Bowles Lowe
younglowes@cox.net

Kachelle said...

i'd say he's smart to wear the necklace. i grew up around apache and navajo tribes and i've seen some strange things so maybe it will help!