Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Tale of Two Sylvies

There are two Sylvies in my house. At first I thought maybe it was just one girl with two personalities, but now I'm quite sure it's two different children, both Sylvies.

Here's Sylvie #1. She's extremely helpful and sweet.
Here she is going to help Papa clean pools for the day.


And here she is making chocolate milk for her baby sister.


Then, there's Sylvie #2. The very thought of her makes me shudder. It's an altogether different sort of creature...the kind that sneaks up on you while you're engrossed in a project and you are completely focused on what you are doing - in another world almost when suddenly you turn and are faced with ....


THIS! And you gasp in horror and it responds with "I a wobot, mommy". And you think, "Well, it said mommy, so maybe it's a good creature after all".

But within less than a half hour, you're making your way to the kitchen for a nice glass of ice water and as you turn the corner, you nearly bump into...


THIS! She's got her tools and she's on a mission. I don't even want to know what she's plotting next. By the way, that pacifier - came out of nowhere. She has NEVER, EVER in her life taken a pacifier. Not even as an infant. She just found this thing in our house somewhere, amongst some old boxes and adopted it. This is how I know, without a doubt, there are two Sylvies in this house. This one is not the baby I birthed and brought home. This is some sort of spawn. I don't know if we got it wet and it multiplied or if the radiation from the microwave and television did it, but something has duplicated my darling daughter. I'm just afraid of what the spawn of this creature will be like...

AAAAHHHHHH!!!!

(Panting) Oh John, it's just you. You cannot DO that to me right now! I'm right in the middle of talking about the spawn of Sylvie and I'm a little jumpy right now, OKAY!?

Whew! Sorry, it's just that I was conjuring up visions of...

THIS! See? You'd be jumpy too. I bet you're freaking out right now as you read this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL...hilarious!

Melanie said...

You crack me up. I think all 2-4 year olds have multiple personality disorders.

Shanna said...

This is way too funny!