Thursday, July 31, 2008

Green Weaves

I LOVE this purse! So cute! One of the many unique purses my friend, Marylou, makes for her business GreenWeaves.com, which offers a variety of gift, home decor and personal items all fashioned from recycled materials. This purse is made partially from recycled newspaper.

Now you may be thinking - how does that hold up? It's very durable actually. I've tested one out. She has a special process she uses with this newspaper, but it's top secret, so I won't say another word about it.

Her website is new and under construction, so she only has three purses displayed on-line so far, but I highly recommend her work. It's inspired by the Brazilian craft (she's from Brazil).

I'm really excited for her. She has shown her work to galleries and boutiques and interest is sparking, so I wish her much success and I know I'll definitely be one of her clients. She's making me a purse for my birthday. I'm SO excited!!! I can't wait to see what she comes up with next!

I've started a new list on my blog. It's called "Shout Outs". I know a lot of you out there are very crafty. I know who some of you are. Some of you are still a well kept secret. I'll be seeking you out, promoting you on my site, and adding you to my list. If you have a website you'd like me to promote, just post a comment on this blog with your site and I'll do a story and add it.

So many talented people!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

This is too cute! I love it!