Sunday, August 17, 2008

Better Than The Radio

Whenever I take my girls with me on errands, I buckle them in, start the car, turn on the radio or pop in a CD and zone out. It's like my "quiet time". The girls usually just listen to the music and look out the windows and it's nice just to escape the house and not have kids constantly fussing at me or fighting with each other.

But yesterday was different. Yesterday I was driving along, driving along, zoning out and suddenly I realized my girls were in the backseat singing. Not with the radio - just their own tunes. Sylvie was running through her ABCs, which she LOVES to do now because she thinks she's got it, and Chloe always copies Sylvie, so she was belting out jibberish thinking she was singing along with Sylvie.

I slowly phased out the radio and just enjoyed listening to my baby girls sing. I know they won't be little for long and I realize it's important to relish these moments, so I did. And, of course, tried not to laugh. Here's Sylvie's version of the ABCs. (I actually jotted it quick on the back of my checkbook so I wouldn't forget exactly how she sang it because I think it's hilarious!):

A B C D E F G H I J K Emma Nenna Peeeeee! Chew R Est T U B Bubble U X Nine and Z.

Now I KNOW (shouted out) my ABC's. H I J K Emma Nenna Peeeeeeeee!!

And then there's Chloe's version: (Sung at the top of her lungs to dry to drown out Sylvie - these two are going to be competitive teenagers. I can feel it now).

BABY BEE BEE MOMMY MEEEE BABY WEE WEE BEE BEE MEEEEEE!

My ladies. I love these girls!

2 comments:

Shanna said...

Awww what sweet lil girlies you have there. Emma nenna peeeeeeee is my favorite part of the song actually :)

Unknown said...

They are so cute! I agree, driving is my escape too. But, I love that they are singing! So cute!