Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The One




Then, one night, after playing my regular gig at Latitude 30 I returned home and tried to phone my boyfriend at the time. He didn't answer. He ignored my calls all night long and I was frustrated. I had seen the signs of him pulling away already...like they all did eventually. I decided to check my email messages and there was a message stating that someone on LDSSO.com had sent me a message. I had forgotten my profile was still on that site. I looked it up and wasn't really interested in the guy who had sent it, but when I looked up the guys who had checked out my profile, I saw this one. I thought he was cute and he said he was French, so I was immediately interested. (Cute - check. French - check. See how easy I am? It doesn't take much to get me excited.)

Long story short...we talked that night and didn't stop for a whole month. He flew into Phoenix on December 9, 2004 (one month from the night we started talking) and I took him off to the Justice of the Peace and married him. It was the first time we had ever laid eyes on each other. But, I knew he was the one...and apparently he knew it too because he wasn't kicking and screaming on the way. And those drums. I couldn't resist marrying a drummer. I had lost my other drummer and I had always joked that if I married the drummer, he couldn't leave the band.

Oh, and that boyfriend of mine. Well, he called three weeks later to tell me "Sorry" he hadn't called me back yet and that he felt like we needed to take a break, to which I replied, "Oh good. I'm so glad you feel that way because I'm actually engaged and I didn't know how I was going to tell you, but it looks like you won't care anyway".....(long moment of silence on his end). "Hello? Are you there?", I asked. He stuttered a bit. "You're engaged? When did this happen? Wow. What if I had still wanted to see you?" Ah yes! It was glorious!

No comments: