Friday, June 8, 2007

All About J






This is my J. That's what I call him. He's The Man. Without him, I don't know what I'd do. John is my son from my first marriage. I had him when I was 20 years old. He was exactly what I wanted - a boy first and someone who would be a good big brother to the rest of my children. I sifted through the pictures trying to find ones of him alone and it was tough. It's tough to get a picture of him without one of his baby sisters in it. They adore him. And he loves to play with them...and sometimes make Sylvie-Faye scream. But, what big brother doesn't get pleasure out of hearing the shrill scream of a ticked off baby sister?

John is very serious and intense, a big reader. He's very much into science and social studies and history and he can pretty much tell you anything about anything. He amazes me. He has a very creative mind and he's constantly thinking up new ideas for stories or games (especially video games). But he also has a goofball side, which he got from his mother. I annoyed him for years by acting like a huge goofball and now I've finally rubbed off on him. He's taken on an apprentice and now he and Sylvie-Faye like to clown around together.

I love this picture of John with his Grandpa Poulsen. For 7 1/2 years this little boy of mine had to live with a single mother and all I have to say is Grandpa Poulsen was a lifesaver. He was the man John looked up to and wanted to be like. He loved having a suit and tie just like Grandpa.

No comments: