Sunday, June 28, 2009

This is a joke, right?

Is it just me or is this latest advertisement on TV extremely disturbing?

It's for Latisse. It's a prescription you need from your doctor. It makes your eyelashes grow and thicken and darken. Sounds fabulous - especially for someone like me who has practically non-existent eyelashes and lately they seem to have shrunken. I'm not kidding. It's very sad. I have to pack on the mascara and buy the kind that supposedly extends your lashes, but that doesn't even seem to work anymore, so I see this commercial and I think, "Oooh. Sounds awesome. I wanna' try it..."

Until they list the SIDE EFFECTS! HELLO!

First of all, EVERYONE who uses the product should expect red, itchy, irritated eyes. Okay, maybe not TOO bad. Hopefully after the treatment, all of that will stop and it will have been worth it. However, it is recommended you use this product for something like 18 weeks.

And the side effects are:

1. Discoloration of eyelids, which MAY be reversible. "MAY" being the keyword here.

2. Discoloration of your IRIS! May cause them to turn brown - permanently! ARE YOU SERIOUS, PEOPLE?

I read the review on-line from people who have used this product. They say they wake up the morning after applying and they look and feel like they have conjunctivitis. One woman said her eyelashes were falling out!

What is this world coming to? What are we doing to ourselves? It's all about looks, apparently. Inner beauty? Pff. Who cares. Give me some Botox and collagen lip injections, a spray on tan and now LATISSE! No pain, no gain, right?

I heard a sad prediction a few years ago that eventually the USA would reach a point where such a large percentage of the population would be indulging in plastic surgery and aesthetic procedures that those who decided to age naturally would look plain and hideous. That's pretty sad.

I imagine if I used Latisse, my result would turn out something like this:

1 comment:

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Those furry eyelashes are awesome!