Thursday, June 25, 2009

It's Baaaack!

I know I'm totally posting this to the wrong blog, but I think most have forgotten about my other blogs since I haven't posted there in ages, so here goes:

There was a man here. He disappeared. And now he's back.

It was mid afternoon. A weekend. Bertrand was away. I expected him home in about an hour. The girls were asleep. I fell asleep. No one else was around....or so I thought. I eventually stirred out of my sleep and stretched. I rolled over and checked the clock. It was 5 minutes past the hour I expected my husband home. Then I heard something - the clicking of keys. Keyboard keys. To a computer. Bertrand's computer, to be exact - in the room right across the hall.

"Hmmm. He's home already," I thought. Then I drew in a deep, cleansing breath and closed my eyes, nestling into my pillow to catch a few more Zs. The intermittent clicking of the keys followed by clicking of the mouse, along with the occasional squeak of movement in the chair continued. Not to mention, there were a few sniffs in there, as if he was clearing his nose.

After a few moments I heard the carport door unlocking and opening. I opened my eyes and listened intently. "Where's he going?" I thought to myself. Then I heard the footsteps moving down the hall - moving in my direction. I laid very still and listened. Then Bertrand appeared in the doorway of our bedroom.

"Hey, hon. Have you been sleeping?"

I furrowed my brow and studied him - thinking. Bertrand continued into the room and began changing his clothes. "Hmmm?" He inquired after my unresponsiveness.

"Honey? Did you JUST come home? As in just now?" I asked.

"Yeah. Didn't you hear me come in?" He responded casually.

"Ummm....yeah." I glanced toward the doorway, thinking, worrying. Was he back?

"What's up, hon?" Bertrand asked. He could tell something was going on in my head and my responses weren't the norm.

I drew in a long breath and sighed. "I swear you've been at your computer, typing, clicking the mouse, moving around in the chair, and....sniffing for the last little while."

"Sniffing?" He asked, chuckling slightly.

"Well, you know - that noise you make when you're clearing your nose. Everyone does it. But, yeah - definitely a sniffing sound."

"Well, I just got in", he reminded me.

"Yeah. I know, but then....who's been on your computer?"

He shrugged nonchalantly and went about his business.

Creeeeepy.

So, here we are several days later. My sister came over with her toddler son and something was clearly bothering him. He kept staring at a certain part of the room and fussing and clinging to my sister. My sister turned to me and said, "That's so weird. It's like there's something over there that he sees and it's bothering him." Could it have been....'The Man'?

Time to move.

2 comments:

Jax said...

you should check the history of the computer to see what sites he was visiting :) BTW I still follow your haunting blog.

Hiatt Family said...

Ugh, I shouldn't have read this on a night that my husband is working! Yikes!!!