Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Oh, The Things We Inherit!

My girls just love music! We pretty much have it playing 24/7 around here. It plays while we clean (makes it more fun), plays while we eat (we don't want to have to actually talk to each other), plays while my girls sleep, plays the second the car turns on (sometimes before the A/C button gets pushed - Bertrand - yes, I'm referring to you)....

Here they are doing a duet.

It seems they've inherited our love for music.


And here they are jamming with their daddy - practicing to be in a band someday.

Oh my! That smile is positively frightening, my dear.

Yikes! There it is again.

AAHHH!

And again! It really is scaring me now.

Honey? Is it possible to smile without baring all of your teeth like that?

Just once?


(SIGH) That's what I was afraid of.


I'm sorry, babe. It's just that you look like a cross between Jack Nicholson in "The Shining" and...


...The Joker....also played by....Jack...Nicholson....

Hey! Wait a minute! Are you two related? Is that like one of those secrets you've been keeping from me that you're going to surprise me with later? He's your uncle, isn't he? I guessed it, right?

He was probably like Jacques...Nico....or Notre Dame...or something like that. Something French. And Hollywood was all, "Umm, you're gonna have to change your name" and so they just made him into Jack Nicholson.

I figured it out! HA! You just didn't want me to know right now because I'd sit around thinking about all day it instead of cleaning the house and making you food and stuff. And he could probably live for like another 20 years with all the fancy stuff rich people have access to these days.



I mean, look at Mick Jagger. He's like...what? 250 years old? Something like that. Anyway...older than anybody else on this earth.

Okay, can you stop looking at me like I'm stupid? Thank you.

What was that? Did you just call me an idiot?

Oh, that is it! I'm telling your mother.

I know she only speaks French! That's why I'm signing up for French 101 at MCC and then on the first day of class I'm asking the teacher how to say, "Your son called me an idiot" in French. And then I'll drop the class and get my money back. DUH!

Anyway, that's beside the point.

The point is - you were gonna' surprise me one day when Jack Nicholson died and I read about it in People Magazine. I bet you were gonna' let me read the whole article and then be like, "Hey. Guess what. He's my uncle. We just inherited 50 MILLION DOLLARS!"

(Sigh)

I knew it! I knew we wouldn't struggle forever!

What?

Why are you mad?

You DO look like him. That cheesy smile of yours is a dead ringer...

Oh, I'm a jerk now, huh? I'm a jerk?

Fine!

Well, at least there's plastic surgery.

When Jack Nicholson dies and we get that big inheritance someday, you can probably get some cosmetic procedure. Not a face lift, though. That will probably just exacerbate the problem.


You don't wanna' look like THIS, do you?

WHAT?!?!?!

My GOSH! You're so sensitive!

I can't even talk to you anymore. You get so mad about everything!

(SIGH)

There he goes. He's ticked. I was just trying to be helpful. GEEZ!!

How do you say sensitive in French?

Fine! Don't tell me! I'll just ask the French teacher THAT one too!

Okay, I'm sorry. This always happens. We end up getting into this random fight. I'm so sorry you just had to witness that.

ANYWAY...

Luckily that's one things our kids didn't and hopefully won't inherit from him - the cheesy smile thing.

NOOOOOOOooooooooooooo! DANG IT! I spoke too soon.

I should have known that was asking too much.

Oh well, at least they don't do it while they're sleeping. (Note to self - only take pictures when Bertrand and kids are sleeping so as not to scare people.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL....love the post...hilarious pictures. Your little girls will probably play as well as you...very fun. So...JJ is turning 12 this weekend...any parties going on? The kids would really love to see him...let me know!

Logan & Lindy said...

Ok yes I think you are the funniest person I have ever met!!! That was hilarious!!

Ok lets just say I am the biggest slacker!!! Do you have any play group ideas????

Vonney said...

I love reading your blog because you make me laugh everytime! You are so funny!

My family Begins said...

I'm seriously laughing so hard right now. I almost spit my delicious red bull all over my screen.

Blake & Melissa said...

I love it!! Thanks for the laugh Kristin!