Monday, June 23, 2008

Saturday Is A Special Day It's the Day...

You wake up in the middle of the night with a millipede trying to crawl into your eye.

Wait a minute. That's not how the song goes. But that's how it went for me Saturday night. Something was crawling all over my face. I finally woke up and smacked at my face. When I looked down upon my pillow, there was a big, juicy millipede! I screamed and Bertrand shot straight up in bed.
My husband rescued me and picked the critter up and tossed it in the toilet. He walked out a few seconds later and climbed back into bed. I couldn't sleep. I swear I felt things crawling all over my body. I was tossing and turning and scratching myself everywhere. I had the "heebie jeebies" big time!

I finally got up to use the bathroom and when I went in, I said, "Honey?"

B: What?
K: What did you do with that thing that was on my pillow?
B: I put it in the toilet.
K: Well, did you flush it?
B: No.
K: Well, I don't see it in here.
B: It's dead, hon. Come back to bed.
K: Well, I have to go to the bathroom and I don't see it in the toilet and you didn't flush it and I'm really worried. What if it crawled back up and got out or what if I go to the bathroom and it crawls on me?
B: Hon, it won't.
K: It might.
B: It won't.
K: I don't like that I can't see it. I need to know where it is.
B: (Growl).

He put his pillow over his head and tried to go back to sleep. LOL. Poor guy. I crawled back into bed. I laid there thinking "What WAS that thing exactly and HOW did it get on my face? WHERE did it come from?"

K: Babe?
B: (Muffled) What?
K: I'm sorry to bother you again, but how did that thing get in here?
B: I don't know.
K: Well, I just don't understand how a big, juicy creepy crawly ends up on my face. I'm just freaking out about where it came from.
B: It probably came in the window.
K: But it couldn't have. I mean, we have a screen up and I haven't opened the window in months.
B: Well, it might have gotten in the window somehow.
K: No. That's impossible. It got in here a different way. I'm just freaking out about how!
B: Babe, it's gone now. Just go to sleep.
K: Yeah, but what if there are more? What if another one gets on my face again after I fall back asleep?
B: It won't.
K: It might.
B: It won't.
K: Well, I'm going to freak out and scream again if it does.
B: (Growl).

4 comments:

A. Kuhni said...

That is awful! I would have completely lost it. My husband would have been just as frustrated as yours because I would have done the same thing after that happened. GROSS!

My family Begins said...

I'm calling the Orkin man for you!

Anonymous said...

LOL....that is AWESOME....so funny! I love bugs...especially when they crawl on my face...lol.

Admin said...

I totally have the heebeejeebies now too... Yjhhyeeehhhkk! I've been finding 2 inch long roaches in my house lately (okay, only two of them, but still), & it's freaking me out!! What if THEY crawl into bed with ME?! Ewwww!!!