Sunday, December 2, 2007

Let The Snowman Do The Disciplining!

Sylvie has suddenly taken it upon herself to discipline Chloe now. I suppose it's her way of taking the focus off of herself and all of her "naughty pants" stunts. This evening as I was cooking dinner, Chloe pulled one of her new moves, she grabbed a bag of animal crackers, bit it open and dumped it on the floor. Sylvie gasped and said, "No COEEEEE!" Then I glanced over and saw Sylvie kicking at Chloe's head. Not quite reaching it (she was cursed with my stubby legs), but certainly trying - inching a bit closer with each kick, trying to deliver a good one right to Chloe's left temple. I shouted, "Sylvie, no! Don't you kick your baby sister! That's naughty pants!"


Sylvie's no dummy. She figures, "Okay, I can't discipline Chloe, but maybe this stuffed, life-size snowman CAN!" She just looked at me defiantly and waited for me to turn back to the stove. Then I peeked over out of the corner of my eye and saw her pick up this stuffed snowman. She carried him to the scene of the crime and said, "Wook Snowman! C0-ee do dat". Then she started speaking for this snowman. She made the snowman gasp and say (in a deep voice). "Oh no. Co-ee naughty. Her gets spankin".


Then she marched over to Chloe with the snowman and took a hold of its movable arm and wagging the arm at Chloe she said (in a deep voice - speaking for the snowman) "Co-ee! NO! NO! Want spankins? Huh? Okay".

At this point Chloe looked over at me with that "Mom, HELP ME!" look. Poor baby. Don't worry. I stepped in. I got down on my knees and looked Mr. Snowman right in his beady little button eyes and said, "Mr. Snowman, I'm the mom, not you. Chloe is just a baby. I'll clean it up. Now you go play and leave Chloe alone".

Sylvie's a smart little thing. She's always scheming. I hope that pays off for her someday. For now, it's good for a laugh.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Wow! Such a smart little girl! I laughed like crazy when I read that post.

Anonymous said...

LOL...that is hilarious...Sylvie cracks me up....she is DEFINITELY the BOSS in your house...she's HYSTERICAL..I luv it! I'll start saving for your therapy when Sylvie turns 16.....we'll probably both be there because of our spunky daughters..LOL!

Mark and Gretchen said...

Whoa....I am glad I only babysit once a week. These girls are going to be in to heavy drama. They must take after their mother! LOL!
Grandma P.