Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I Know Cool People

It's true. I do. You probably do too, but they're probably not as cool as the people I know:

1. Maurice Dew. He's a rapper. (Pretty fly for a white guy). He just dropped a new album called "For The People". Check it out.
Order it at: mauricescrapbook.blogspot.com

2. Dan (The Man) Poulsen. He's an entrepreneur (and my l'il brutha). He designed a line of watches called Mica. I love them so much I steal my mom's occasionally and wear it about town. I get compliments on it every time...because it's awesome. I want one for Christmas. You got that, Santa? (Santa reads my blog.)

Here's one of my favorites. It's called The Baron (Munchausen).


And this is The Plank. I dare you to walk it/I mean wear it!

These are just TWO of the styles he's designed. All of his designs come with different wood and face options. You're not cool until you're wearing one of these. Don't worry, I'm not cool either...yet!

Check out and order watches at: micamove.com

3. Laurel Amenta. She's also an entrepreneur (and my cousin). She designs decorative tiles. I was lucky enough to be bestowed one for my birthday, but I'll be ordering another. Everyone who came over and saw it lying on my counter LOVED it and wanted to know where I got it from, so I'm posting it here. She has several different options and takes custom orders.

You can contact her at: 480-430-9705.

4. Kylee Palmer. She's a seamstress (I'm super jealous). She designs ADORABLE little girl and now boy clothing.


I totally want two of these for my ladies.

You can see her designs and order them at: ragdollclothing.com.

5. Ravi Sinha. A published author. This man is an immigrant from India, an extremely talented and tender-hearted man. I had the honor of typing two of his books, which I thoroughly enjoyed, but this particular one reduced me to tears as I typed it for him. It's a very touching and inspiring story. It's called "In Pursuit of America: My Dreamland."


You can order it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Pursuit-America-Dreamland-Story-Immigrant/dp/1434303985/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1255564207&sr=1-1

No comments: