Sunday, July 12, 2009

So Helpful....sometimes.

Sylvie is my little momma in the making. She just wants to do all of the things that I do and, believe me - I want her to do all of those things right now too. Wouldn't that be fabulous?

Yes.

Yes, it would.

HOWEVER...
There are times I just have to smile and say, "Oh, wow! Thank you, ladies!" even though there's water all over the floor and they're not REALLY cleaning these dishes. (SIGH) if only this illusion were a reality.


And now - the big brag! My 3-year-old did this herself. I had no hand in this. I'm not kidding. She folded ALL of this laundry AND separated it into the piles. I taught her how to do this several months ago because she's always begging to "help" me and it's not really help at all. In fact, it usually just creates more work for me or prolongs the housework, which I hate with a passion and just want to get over and done with, so I'm begging her to "PLEASE not help mommy" all the time (If she were smart she'd videotape this now and use it against me when she's a teen and I ask her to help).

ANYWAY, she had a complete breakdown one day several months ago. She was just devastated that I would not let her help me, so I heaved a big sigh and called her back into my room and held her in my arms and said, "Okay, baby girl. I'll teach you how to fold." Her eyes just lit up and boy did she learn fast. She now folds the laundry for herself and Chloe, as well as folding papa's handkerchiefs, towels and washcloths.

Oh, and just to top it off - she hugged me and kissed me and THANKED me for letting her fold the laundry! HA! I should videotape THAT and show it to her when she's a teen!

1 comment:

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

That folding is impressive!! Go Sylver!