Thursday, July 2, 2009

I'll Make You Sorry!

This is truly a tale of horror!

Now don't go frantically grabbing at your mouse, trying to click out of here quick because you don't want to read another ghost story. This is definitely not a ghost story. It's a horror story of another dimension.

Let's just say, you definitely do NOT want to interrupt my shower. That is my ME time. My 5-10 minutes of peace...okay and singing practice time (I sound amazing in there, but I guess you'll never know as I won't be giving any concerts from that location).

ANYWAY, not a minute passed from the time I closed the bathroom door before I re-emerged, naked, pregnant body covered in soap with a pile of soapy hair on my head. Despite my pleas with my screaming ladies to PLEASE stop screaming and fighting because "mommy is trying to shower right now. I'll take care of your issue as soon as I get out. Give me two minutes PLEASE!", they insisted on screaming louder and I had Sylvie shouting my name incessantly at the bathroom door and pounding, accompanied by Chloe screaming.

"Oh that is IT!" I shouted. I smacked the faucet off, threw the shower door open, unlocked the bathroom door and whipped it open - revealing my pregnant belly in its naked glory. The look of terror on my girls' faces was PRICELESS!

Now, I'm not really sure how to define it. I couldn't tell if they were thinking:

1. Oh my gosh! We are in SO much trouble now!

OR

2. Oh my gosh! Is THAT what I'm gonna' look like when I'm a mommy because if so, I don't think I want to be a mommy anymore!

Either way, soaking the carpet in soapy water, I grabbed both girls by the arm and tromped across the hall to their room, set them on their beds and yelled, "Now you will sit there until I am done showering. THAT was RIDICULOUS! You can wait just a minute for mommy to shower! You stay on your beds until I get out!"

They've been laying low ever since. Good choice, my ladies. Good choice.

1 comment:

mbreck said...

The best! I love your horror stories of all kinds!