Sunday, February 10, 2008

Weekend Getaway

Our friends, the Crandells invited us to Sedona this weekend to stay in their vacation property and it was AMAZING! Sedona is so gorgeous! Our camera doesn't even do it justice. We seriously need to buy a better digital camera. One that can zoom. But, out of 50 bazillion pictures, this was the best one I got of Sedona.


The Crandell's vacation home is....WOW! It was pure luxury. We stayed with them in a three-bedroom condo with two family rooms, TVs in every room,


huge showers in the three bathrooms.


A gorgeous full kitchen complete with every appliance and dish you could possibly need,


and, most importantly - jacuzzi tubs in every room. I never got to use it, but John John did twice and he said it was AWESOME, so I'm going to take his word for it.



We arrived Friday evening and Saturday morning, we took a drive to the snow. The snow was so thick and fresh that with each step we took, we were in up to our knees, so we found this "island" - a picnic table out under the trees and we all stood on it and watched the brave ones make snowmen and throw snowballs.

Look at this handsome little dude. This is the Crandells' son. Their only boy.....so far. He's such a little stud in that leather jacket. Chloe had a thing for him.


Our friends, the Worthens, were invited up too. Here's Dave Worthen with Bertrand.


And here's Jenn Crandell and I stranded on the picnic table with our babies. I say "stranded" because we found ourselves caught in the snowball fight crossfire, but in order to get back over to that camper and truck behind us (mostly hidden by the wall o' snow) we'd have to trek back in snow up to our knees carrying babies. We fell a few times. We were soaking wet, but we had a blast.


John enjoyed the snowball fights. It was hard to get a close up of him because he was always off in the distance, running behind trees and pelting people.


Here's a couple of his victims. Alec looks like he's in pain.


Miranda was a good sport.

Margo was the photographer most of the time, but we found someone willing to stop pelting everyone with snowballs long enough to snap a picture. Chloe enjoyed just being held and watching all of the action.


Sylvie enjoyed sucking the snow off of her mittens.

But the best part.....


Was at the end of the day when the kids passed out so the adults could play.


It's divine. I LOVE looking at my kids when they sleep....so peaceful.


This was the best sleep they've all had in a long time!

It was a great weekend! A much needed break! Thank you, Crandells, for inviting us to indulge in the luxury of one of your vacation homes.

8 comments:

Don said...

What an awesome weekend! All we did was go to Disney.

By the way, what's all that white stuff on the ground? All we see in Florida is green.

mY dEwDrOpS said...

that looks like you guys had a blast! me & cory are going to have to invite ourselves next time! :) cute blog! mine is mydewdrops.blogspot.com

Kachelle said...

wow! i'd never leave that place!

Koi said...

I'm sitting here shivering while I'm reading your post. I HATE SNOW! I never go visit my parents up there in the White Mountains this time of year because of all that awful white stuff. So I can't really say that it looks like you guys had fun, but I hope you did.

I told Jarred what you said about his music and he's way excited to get together. He also gave one of his CD's to Tristan Prettyman tonight at the G-Love concert. Yeah! Hope you had a happy Valentines Day!

My family Begins said...

"One of your vacation homes" Gosh, how many do they have. That place looks incredible. Do you think the Crandall's need some more friends?

Joy said...

Hey, this is Joy (Lara's friend). I totally know Jenn! I've known her since I was a kid, she would always accompany choirs/musicals/workshops I was in. She also accompanied me in my regional/all-state auditions AND I took piano from her! I LOVE her, she's amazing!! I haven't seen her in a few years but it looks like she's doing well... will you tell her hello from me?? Thanks!

Worthen World said...

That was a blast. You need to forward me some of those awesome pics for my blog. BTW who was the photographer because he/she did a fab job!!!

Kristin Coppee said...

Oh, the photographer? Yeah, she WAS awesome. Even more amazing than her photos was the fact that she was right in the middle of a snowball crossfire the entire time, but she never missed a beat.

Who was it again? I'm trying to remember....wait a minute....I think I got it. Ah yes. It was YOU! Thanks for taking all of those great photos. I wanted to post them ALL on that blog, but I thought I should tone it down a bit. I will send the pics out to you and Jenn ASAP.