Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Kaboom!

For reason #6,547 why I should be stripped of my title of housewife, please refer to Exhibit A.


Exhibit A


See, it all started with me wanting to take a nice, hot bath so I could be inspired to finish up my songs for my upcoming album. As I ran my bathwater, I looked over and noticed the toilet was in need of a cleaning, so I decided to get that taken care of while my bath was filling.

The toilet was looking rather nasty, as I don't care for cleaning toilets and so rarely perform the task. I remembered I had some old stuff called Kaboom.
See, what you do is fill the cap with some of the powder, dump it in the toilet and then it foams up and then you wait a few minutes and scrub and it helps take the disgusting ring right off your toilet with minimal effort.

And so, being the incapable person that I am (incapable of reading instructions, that is), I tipped the container to the side and tried to lightly sprinkle some powder in.

The problem is that this stuff is old and therefore kind of clumped inside. This annoyed me and so I began hitting the container against my other open hand, trying to loosen up the powder.

Oh, I loosened it up all right. I loosened up HALF the container and it went KABOOM!

As the foam went wild and began rising at an incredible speed, I stood there frozen - mouth gaping open, trying to think fast.

I reached over to the flusher and pushed it down hard.

The foam began gurgling and rising faster. My eyes just about popped out of my head. It only exacerbated the problem, inducing a volcanic-like effect.

Oopsie.

Perhaps I should stick to writing music. Darn. I will miss cleaning toilets.

8 comments:

Gail said...

Thanks for the giggle. remineds me of when my cousin tried to use bubble bath in a jacuzzi tub hehe

Jenn C. said...

FUNNY!!!!!!!

Jane Says said...

now that is funny! i'm so glad you got a pic of this! i totally want to try that stuff now!!!

Kachelle said...

oh kristen, how i miss you!

Kristin Coppee said...

I miss you too, Kachelle!

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

HA HA HA HA HA!!! That is awesome! I've never seen so much foam coming out of the toilet.. Heck! I've never seen any! :)
At least your were trying to get the toilet cleaned right?? That's all that counts! And I'm pretty sure that ring was gone after all the foam settled dow ;) ha ha

Kristin Coppee said...

Yeah, actually the good news is that Kaboom really did clean the entire toilet. It was sparkling when I cleaned everything else away. I'm just trying to decide if it was worth it, though. It took FOREVER to clean up all that foam.

LADYBUG said...

That is terrible!!!, keep on writing lol.