Monday, May 17, 2010

New Information!

I know Superman has been around a long time and we all pretty much know everything there is to know about him. Well....maybe not everything....unless you're a total comic book geek. I'm not gonna' mention any names, but...you know who you are - Florida boy. ANYWAY...

So, last night I was supervising my 4-year-old brushing her teeth for bed when I heard singing. And these were the lyrics:

La La La La La La
I'm Superman the elf
La La La La
I'm Superman the elf

Of course this piqued my curiosity because the information in the lyrics was very confusing to me. I mean, I've seen the Superman movies. I was totally in LOVE with Christopher Reeve when I was like 7 and I know that was a long time ago, but I think I would remember whether or not he was an elf.

I do realize the man wore tights and elves also wear tights, but I do not recall pointy ears, pointy shoes, and also him being small enough to fit in my hand (although I won't deny that that does appeal to me on some levels). ANYWAY....

When I rounded the corner, this is the scene I beheld:

This blond, caped creature standing over my baby boy, ordering him to move because she needed room to take off in flight.

"What's going on in here?" I asked, my hands on my hips.

The creature whipped around and stated, "Wellw..I'm Supoman da elf and dat baby is in my way 'cause I need to fwy now."

"Superman is an elf?" I asked in surprise.

"Wellllw....." it began and then sheepishly smiled and hung it's head, rubbing it's foot against the carpet with a nervous giggle. "Yeeeaah."

So, there you go. You've just learned something new today. Superman can also take the form of an elf. But don't worry - it apparently specifies when it's in elf form by calling itself Superman the elf, so as not to cause any confusion.

2 comments:

Lois Lane said...

Okay, as I (commenting as "Lois Lane") sit here on my Superman bedspread, Superman pillow, and Superman blanket, wearing a Superman watch and with Superman key chains in my pocket, with a Superman clock ticking on the wall, and an 8' tall Clark Kent disrobing above me, I am shocked to learn he is an elf!!

(And I just noticed you have me listed as Cousin Gingy. Weirdo!)

Don said...

Who could you possibly be talking about? A geek in Florida who knows alot about Superman...sure.

For the record, Superman cannot turn into an elf. However, there is a elf like creature called Mr. Myxipitilic who sometimes dresses like Superman to mock him. Maybe that's who she is talking about. Unless, red kryptonite is involved in a a silver age story line, then all bets are off.

Crap. I'm Florida boy aren't I.

**sigh**