Friday, January 9, 2009

Yet Another Scary Encounter

My girls are growing up fast. Sylvie has been sleeping in a toddler bed for two years now and she's officially potty trained. YAY! Chloe is now in a toddler bed and very ready to be potty trained...(whenever you get a minute, Bertrand - that's right, I've deferred it to you and I'm not ashamed in the least).

However, there is one final scary, diaper-less crib moment I must share. Now, don't worry. This does not involve pictures of poop. In fact, it doesn't involve poop at all. It's a little scarier than that. (No, not diarrhea. Just...I'm getting there - hold on a second!)

So, a couple of weeks ago I put the girls down for a nap after lunch. All was quiet and I decided to get some work done. About 15 minutes I heard Sylvie shouting. I removed my headphones and called back, "What, Sylvie? What's the matter?"

"Chloe's naked! In her bed!" Sylvie shouted back.

I heaved a huge sigh and walked briskly down the hall. I threw the bedroom door open and saw...

THIS!

I clasped my hands over my mouth and gasped. "SYLVIE-FAYE!" I shouted.

"What, mommy?" She asked very casually as she continued to unstuff the bear.

"WHAT are you DOING?" I shouted and moved in closer, surveying the damage.

"Uhhhhhh.....nuffing!" She responded, still very casual. "Uh, Chloe's naked, mommy. In her bed" she reminded me, very matter-of-factly.

Then I noticed it -
- the freshly removed diaper lying on the floor behind Sylvie. I gasped again and glared up at Chloe.


There she sat, in all her naked glory - like she was on her throne. She simply responded to my glare with a look of "Can I help you?" Luckily there were no droppings or wet spots. She simply didn't want her diaper on and somehow a chair ended up in her bed (most likely compliments of Sylvie-Faye) and she decided to sit on it in her crib...completely nude...in silence...as her older sister mercilessly unstuffed her beautiful, soft, fluffy bear.

I just never know what I'm going to find when I go in their room during naptime. It's too horrific, so I just don't - unless I get a shout out.

5 comments:

Completely Random said...

hahah... Sylvie is a riot. And Chloe... she needs to be on some registered sex offender list pronto!

Anonymous said...

LOL....HYSTERICAL! They are seriously going to keep you on your toes for years to come...that is classic though!

Carly said...

Funny story... I finished a post last night and was about to publish but then I thought, "Hey, this is good bargaining material to get Kristin to hold up her end of the deal." So I went back and forth on whether to post or not, but decided just to post it. After all, you deserve some slack (SOME!) due to the whole pregnancy thing. So I posted it.

You can imagine my surprise when I saw your comment show up in my email this morning. I checked my blog and alas! Where did my post go? Well, a little investigation revealed that I had accidentally backdated it so it wasn't showing up at the top of the page. I have fixed that now and it is ready for reading.

Enjoy!

(Wow, that was a long comment.)

Mark and Gretchen said...

Uhmmmm....nothing exciting happens at nap time when they are at Grandma's house..because I lie on the floor in the same room until I am SURE they are BOTH asleep....whew!

A. Kuhni said...

Hey Kristen! I find some of the strangest things when I leave Katelyn alone in her room. It is always chaos.

So why did your sisters go private? I don't think they even posted they were going to be doing that. I just finally realized they did it. Could you ask them to send me an invite? How else am I supposed to know what everyone is up to?

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Exciting news. I am really glad it is not a tumor. This is much, much better. Good luck surviving the next 219 or so days before the little one arrives. I think pregnancy is so hard but the reward is so great!