Friday, April 30, 2010

I Don't Know What To Say

I always knew this day would come.

I always knew someday I would hear these words.

I just didn't know it would be this soon.

But last night I just received word that I'm going to be a grandmother.

My first reaction was "I'm too YOUNG! I'm only 34! This isn't supposed to be happening to me right now!"

But then I realized it's not about me.

Even more surprising is that it's not just ONE, but TWO babies!

And apparently this news has been kept a secret for quite some time because we already know what the babies are.

But I haven't even told you the most disturbing part about all this.



BOTH of my daughters are pregnant! At the same time!

Oh, no - it gets even better:


Sylvie is carrying a CAT! Yes, you're reading that right! There's a cat in there!


Chloe is carrying a MONKEY!

I don't even wanna' know. All I have to say is - "Bertrand! I TOLD you it was a bad idea to let them take their stuffed animals to bed with them every night!"


Toward the end of this photo shoot, Sylvie informed me that she was having "conTRAPtions" and then both of my daughters grabbed their bellies, hunched over, moaned and waddled to the family room couches, laid on their backs and wailed and squirmed about and then proceeded to deliver their own babies within seconds of each other.

Let me tell ya' - never before in the history of this earth has a more disturbing sight been beheld.

But there you have it. I am now a grandmother to a baby cat and baby monkey. This is NOT going to look good on the family tree, but you know, worse things have happened to families like....I don't know.....ummm.....like.....oh, come on! Help me out here! Name some worse things that have happened besides 3 and 4-year-old girls birthing animals!

OK, I don't know why, but I'm drawing a blank here. I'll think of some things, though. I mean, this can't be the worst thing that has ever happened! I refuse to believe it! I will find something more disturbing and post it ASAP!

9 comments:

mbreck said...

You rock! I needed that smile today. You crack me up and I love you so much. Now next time you have exciting news, please let it be that you are moving next door to me and we will have joined backyards. Deal? Love you.

Jana said...

LOL! Oh my, that's amazing. Wow, you must be so proud of your little creatures.

Jen West said...

that is simply hilarious! i was all worried, and then, woah, what could be worse? and then hahahahahahahahahahahahah!good one, i needed that!

Lois Lane said...

You let your girls watch "The Office"? :)

Mrs. Tuna said...

I have one very sage words of advice, be sure and pick your own grandma name, or they will do it themselves and you'll be DoDo before you know it.

Deleted said...

That was about the cutest story I've ever heard. It really brightened my day.

Jinxie said...

This was my intro post to you and I am HOOKED! <3 Thank you for the GREATEST start to my day!!!!

David Nicholson said...

ok, so I started reading this out loud to Becky, and she was totally like "Did her son.............." LOL, this was great. Thanks for the laugh Kristin, now when are you guys moving up here?

Hiatt Family said...

Ha ha, this post gave me a good laugh!!!